Indicator problem help please

fit one of these to the dash indicator warning light https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RDX-Earth-Fix-Kit-For-LED-Indicator-Lights-Land-Rover-Defender-200Tdi-300Tdi-/232280619868

on pre Td5 defenders/ & earlier 90/110 the dash bulb acts as a earth path when the opposite indicators are in use, with leds the earth path current is so small it doesn't make the bulb operate correctly

also make sure the indicator flasher unit is correct for led light or they will never work properly.

same year as my 110, it gives a full earth path to the dash light so it works correctly with led lights. on the standard bulb indicator the dash light has 2 wires one for left & one for right indicators, so when left is in use the right side provided the earth to allow indicators to operate correctly, as leds use a much smaller current the dash bulb doesn't see it & just feeds both sides with power so they all flash as you've found.

on some late 300Tdi & all td5 vehicles the dash has seperate left & right lights for the indicators, so the above problem doesn't happen.

Yes that's why the existing bulb is very dim or doesn't light,

the RDX bit I linked to replaces the existing bulb & the earth ring goes to a conveinient earth point on the instrument pack, on the back of one of the gauges earth points would do.

Had exactly this problem on my 300tdi and in the end fitted two tiny green LEDs between and just above the gauges to replace the standard dash lamp.  I did look at changing to the TD5 cluster but then I saw the price :o my fix cost about two bucks from AliExpress

• 4 years later...
Drove my 96 300tdi in a funeral this week, not sure if it was that but after driving with hazards on I noticed that my left turn indicator was also flashing on the right side (nothing on dash). My right was flashing as normal with the flashing indicator on dash.
Checked fuses, replaced hazard switch. Still the same.
Now it may have been happening before and I did not notice.
Hate to take it all apart look for a bad ground.
You lot got any clues or had the same issue?
I am going to see if removing the dash indicator bulbs does anything.

68323064818__AC14AD36-BA2A-4E91-B434-5C9D1804EE1D.jpeg