Indicator tell-tale

Hi,

I'm in the process of rebuilding my dad's 110 station wagon after about 8 years of sitting.  I've just replaced all the lights for LED units and stuck a battery in to try them, after a couple of poor earth issues i have everything working but i have a strange problem with the indicators.  If i indicate left, the indicator tell tale works fine but when i indicate right, despite the indicators themselves working fine, the tell-tale doesn't flash (it's a 92 110 so it uses the same tell-tale light for both sides).  Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram so i can see how it's wired (i imagined the light was fed straight off the flasher relay before it's split by the indicator stalk to whichever side but that can't be true if it only works in 1 direction) or has anyone had the same problem and cured it?

Thanks

Dave

There was a recent topic on this. I believe the tell tail light is live fed from each indicator side and earths through the other side,For Leds the feeds to the bulb are fed together through diodes and a separate earth is fitted to the bulb. Some body who knows better will soon correct me.

Yes the older circuit uses a single bulb whereas the later have two. I thought I had a copy of the older diagram in my iBooks on this phone but I only have the newer one.

You can probably fit a diode on each side to prevent the cross feed but without the diagram that’s all I can advise.