Monroe Damper Bushes

I picked up a pair of Monroe front dampers a while back (pin - pin type) new but without the bushes and washers.

I've got a set of new standard bushes, but they appear to be a little too big, so with all the bushes and washers stacked up I can't get the nut on. Checking against an old LR damper, the pin in about 10-15mm shorter.

I'm guessing they are usually supplied with special (slimmer) bushes, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. 

Do any of you have Monroe dampers or any idea where I can get the special bushes from?

I had this problem with mine years ago, they're not sold separately by Monroe. Apparently some of the aftermarket SuperPro ones are slim enough to fit. Part number SPF1879K - supposed to be designed for 'aftermarket' shocks. All the pics on Google look just like the standard Land Rover bush though.

Alternatively cutting down the standard ones as above will work.

1 hour ago, Maverik said:

Just trim down the bushes you've got?

I have for now, but they're not pretty so not sure how long they will last. Only really a temporary solution.

7 minutes ago, ianmayco68 said:

How big do you need them to be Dave I’ve got some poly Bush type ones in the cupboard some where you can have if they fit ?

Thanks, I'll have to measure them later and let you know.

Found them 1st time , can’t be bad if I’d have wanted them in a rush for myself I’d still have been looking Sunday  :D .

Right here’s a pic

05975E28-0913-45AD-BE3D-E7710592A459.thumb.jpeg.c9cc40e662838647df6dbdd9760c64d6.jpeg

they’re floflex ones and dimension wise they are 30 mm diameter with a 13mm hole and 17mm thick .

I've measured a standard one, it's the same as yours Ian, 17mm thick. The ones I have badly trimmed to work with the monroe dampers are more like 12mm thick.

I'm sure there must be something out there for another application that is the right size, it's just a case of figuring out what.