anti roll bar link dust covers

NeilF

My Disco2 failed it's NCT (MOT) test. One item was a split dust cover on the anti roll bar link. Can you get these separately or do you need to buy a new link? If so, what's the difference between the ordinary one (RBM100223) and a Delphi Link Assembly Front Antiroll Bar Discovery 2 (RBM100223 G)? How do I know which one I need?

Another Item of failure was a track rod end. Now, it failed on the same thing on the same side 2 years ago. My garage man swore there was nothing wrong with it but we replaced it anyway and it passed. I find it hard to believe a track rod end would wear in 2 years, so perhaps there is some play in the steering linkage but somewhere else? What else is there on one side only that could give rise to play when worn?

I also got a fail advisory on not having any rear seats. It's a 7 seater, but the rears were folded up..... :D

Thanks! but I've put a gauge on and I think I need an 18/32 mm size - the nearest I can find is 18/40 - they all seem to be for track rod ends rather than the cover for an anti roll bar link - anyone know any different?

• 2 weeks later...