Grafting ABS brakes from 1998 Disco 1 onto 1997 Defender

Hi

I will break a 1998 300tdi Auto Disco 1 to get the gearbox. The auto box will go into a 1997 Defender 90.

As far as i can see from the ETM there is no talk going on between the Wabco ABS ECu and anything else.

This leads me to believe it would be possible to transfer the hubs/brakes or complete axles with brakes and hook up the ABS in the Defender as well.

Anybody done this?

Anybody care to tell why it wouldn't work or what I need to look out for to make it work?

Thanks

Tobias

• 2 weeks later...

The sensors on the front are in the top swivel pins, but you'd need the CV joints too.  The rear sensors are mounted in the top of the axle flange, through the stub axle, so you'll need the stub axles as well as the brake disk (which has the exciter ring), and the rear axle tube would be beneficial unless you fancy drilling the flanges for the sensors.  The hubs and shafts should be the same, though.