Dodgy Petrol

neil110

Probably out of date by now, but on Boxing day I put some unleaded in the truck, from pump 4 at Thurrock services on the M25. Not very much because it was £1.43  litre. Just as well because it was contaminated with something and the truck ran like a dog/kept cutting out until I could get to another filling station and fill the other tank with fresh fuel

Assuming you still have the “contaminated” fuel left in the 1st tank you could get Customs involved.  I used to work at an oil refinery and you would be amazed at the power of custom when they think something is amiss with products from refinery to petrol pump.  Protecting their revenue!

Maybe keep a sample then flush out your tank.  Just in case of laundering you’ll be squeaky clean.

Years ago a local Tescos had a leaky underground tank, contaminated the fuel with groundwater, wrecked hundreds of local cars and made the evening news!

Friends of the family had their Ford conk out due to a local Sainsburys having contaminated fuel, they did actually get some recompense as they were retired and ONLY ever fuelled up at that one station and kept every receipt going back months! The Ford dealer helped them out too as they were keen not to pay the warranty claim for the work :lol: