Sign in to follow this  
Paddy_SP

Anyone Know Where The Disco 1 'Windscreen Leak' Hole Is?

Posted (edited)

I've read about there being a hole somewhere under the windscreen seal that causes rain to leak into the interior. Despite looking for it on several occasions though, I've never found it. For some time I thought it was the sun roof, but after completely sealing it in place with Sikaflex, the leak was still there. I then thought I'd found it this week when doing some MOT welding - there were large pieces of metal missing behind the wing, just in front of the A post. But, after re-panelling the whole area and then seam sealing it, I still have water coming in. So - it's back to looking for this mythical leak-point - any help in locating it would therefore be most appreciated! :)

Edited by Paddy_SP

If your Discovery is anything like one of mine it could be anywhere, I have removed the windscreen and found numerous places around the edge where it has rusted through. The worst places were along the top on the passenger side and the bottom corner on the drivers side where about three sections meet on the top of the A post bend. This area can be checked by removing the front wings and you can then also see how much of the lower A post is solid.

Thanks, but this is, apparently, a factory-made hole - I saw it referred to in LRO a couple of years back, but have never managed to find it!

4 hours ago, Paddy_SP said:

Thanks, but this is, apparently, a factory-made hole - I saw it referred to in LRO a couple of years back, but have never managed to find it!

It must have been the April copy of LRO. 😋