Engine addicted to SVO??

Interesting. I am similar re veg from the supermarket, no used oil at all. BUT, I do run on 100% in the hotter weather. I do also when it is cooler and I know that I will use the tank in one go (not uncommon for me) and then use diesel for small local stop start trips.

1 hour ago, Lightning said:

So is it worth using premium diesel in my TD5?

l was never sure if there was any point paying the extra 10p a litre, but someone on this thread said they get 11% better economy when using it.

Premium from Esso, BP and Shell is definately worth the extra 10p. With Esso, try and find one with a Tesco garage, that way you can get your clubcard points. Shell has the drivers club points, not as good as it used to be but not bad. BP also have a rewards card. The point is that you make up the difference with better mileage and club card/reward card points. So the only reason to use supermarket stations is to get points from that supermarkets club card. It is quite annoying carrying around so many cards though.

1 hour ago, Pappa Smurf said:

Premium from Esso, BP and Shell is definately worth the extra 10p. With Esso, try and find one with a Tesco garage, that way you can get your clubcard points. Shell has the drivers club points, not as good as it used to be but not bad. BP also have a rewards card. The point is that you make up the difference with better mileage and club card/reward card points. So the only reason to use supermarket stations is to get points from that supermarkets club card. It is quite annoying carrying around so many cards though.

Esso is now Nectar points, not Tesco, I believe those with a Tesco express still give points on the fuel.