New chassis choices

One of the “new kids on the block” is XD Chassis who are based on the Wirral. I was in their fabrication shop today for unrelated business and was shown the manufacturing process from start to finish ( apart from galvanising) the attention to detail is second to none. All parts are laser cut and have part numbers laser etched for identification. Never having seen a laser cutting operation I was mightily impressed. The width of the cut appears to be in the order of 0.5mm with no heat distortion. The sections are offered together and the fit is perfect, leading to better finished welds. XD chassis have also got the distribution rights or whatever you call it for the GKN chassis rails so can make OEM chassis replacements.
I am hoping they start on bulkheads soon!

5ADF0A09-48A3-4C9A-815E-2D06948BD7F8.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Hi, Can only speak from my experience.

Had bad experience from Shielder, their Engine mounting blocks were incorrectly located on their 110TDI Chassis. Apparently there was an error in the jig. After a year and small claims, still waiting for a refund. Sourced a replacement from Richard's chassis, fit was good.

Interesting point whilst going through Small Claims, first is that our court jurisdiction does not cover Northern Ireland and any claims you may need legal settlement on are made harder.

Again, I re-iterate, this is just my experience,