Rover V8 exhaust manifold compatibility / interchangeability

Daragh

Good morning all,

My current set up on my 3.5 means the down pipe is located mm from my clutch slave cylinder, which obviously leads to problems, so I want to change it. I have investigated to use of other tubular or center exit down pipe (3.9/4.2 I think) but cannot get conclusive information. I would prefer not to spend the dollars on the wrong part.

So, does any body know if rover V8 exhaust manifolds are interchange able ie 3.5 to 4.6 classic, P38 and more modern models. I see on RPI that new shape RRs ones are excellent for conversions and kit cars.

Second question, are they all reversible from driver to off side? I thought reversing them would allow my exit for downpipe to be forward and then I could loop piping back to meet up with existing arrangement.

Thank you in advance.

Noddy engine-manifold.jpg

The P38 manifolds will end up exiting towards the bulkhead, so would need chopping / adjusting to get them to clear. 

3.9 RRC Auto manifolds & Y pipe will bolt straight up, and come very close to lining up with the standard exhaust system. I have 3.9 manifolds / Y and a TD4 back section on my v8. Not sure how close they are are to the clutch slave as mine's an auto, but there's a few people that have done the same conversion on here who should be able to advise. It's quite close to the starter on the other side, but you can get heat shields from the RRC which help.

Thanks guys, I might try the 3.9 one that I found, it has it's exit straight down out of the center and then put another 'left hand one' on the right hand side to match them up seeing as they are reversible. Thanks FF for the P38 heads up, your misfortune is my fortune 😃. Thanks all.