New front Diff options - 2006 TD5

Nothing much to do work wise this year, so started filming for a youtube series, which has now morphed into 4 series. Been fun filming it, been up very crazy tracks in Namibia, but not sure if I'll ever end up editing it all, lets see...

Spent 3.5 months in Etosha National Park all alone which was quite unique... but the roads are brutally corrugated....

• Like 2

On 10/3/2020 at 1:06 PM, deep said:

Sadly, having lost my job last week, such luxuries aren't even on my wishlist right now!

You might be pleasantly surprised how many companies are looking for a "grey beard" who has been around the block a few times and knows what's what. You have my very best wishes.

Mike

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Troll Hunter said:

You might be pleasantly surprised how many companies are looking for a "grey beard" who has been around the block a few times and knows what's what. You have my very best wishes.

Mike

Cheers for that.  Oddly, I have found myself turning down work, in the vague hope that I can set up as a 4WD instructor.  There is some demand here for people who can certify their staff so that they can assume they are "safe".  That sounds cynical but the current culture is that NZQA certificates + orange jackets = safety (rather than engaging brains).  I see a real opportunity for a course that provides the certificate and really teaches people at the same time, so will give it a serious go.  If I find myself living under a bridge this time next year, I'll know I failed...

• Like 2

On 12/19/2020 at 8:49 PM, deep said:

Cheers for that.  Oddly, I have found myself turning down work, in the vague hope that I can set up as a 4WD instructor.  There is some demand here for people who can certify their staff so that they can assume they are "safe".  That sounds cynical but the current culture is that NZQA certificates + orange jackets = safety (rather than engaging brains).  I see a real opportunity for a course that provides the certificate and really teaches people at the same time, so will give it a serious go.  If I find myself living under a bridge this time next year, I'll know I failed...

Good luck chap! :D. Worth looking at getting acredited? in the UK we have BORDA who are HSE acredited for training.

• Like 1