Defender truck cab

Well I took my trailer and collected it .they had left the screen frame on as they didnt want to disturb the headlining, so will fit this as well.

Have now stripped it down to paint it, its in good condition will only some small dents in the roof skin. The head lining and trims are in very good order, so not much work required.

IMG_20200214_153535.jpg

IMG_20200214_171042.jpg

IMG_20200214_171049.jpg

nick those roof skins are very thin/flexible, if you have it apart why not put some heavy paint in there like a bin liner/stone chip/rubber paint/rhino liner or something, makes a big difference to the insulation making it both quieter and keeping out heat/cold in.

have also tried sticking bitumen/alu sheeting on there and it works great until it gets really hot and then might peel off, thats why a bin liner type paint is better.

4 hours ago, bodumatau said:

nick those roof skins are very thin/flexible, if you have it apart why not put some heavy paint in there like a bin liner/stone chip/rubber paint/rhino liner or something, makes a big difference to the insulation making it both quieter and keeping out heat/cold in.

have also tried sticking bitumen/alu sheeting on there and it works great until it gets really hot and then might peel off, thats why a bin liner type paint is better.

That makes sense..

I have some Raptor truck bed liner over from a job so will give it a coat. 

11 hours ago, oneandtwo said:

I stuck a single sheet of silent coat on each section of the roof panel on my hicap Made a massive difference, stopped all the drumming and flexing.

drumming, thats the word I was looking for, irritating as hell and pretty easy to solve with a little bit of mass, and then you get extra insulation from sound and heat thrown in as a bonus.

silent coat? do you have a link to that pls? I dont know the product

• 2 months later...

Well Ive been busy on this job and have just just started to reasemble it, only thing that needed altering was the interior light. I am finding it a bit tricky to get the door gaps right as the bulkhead has been off and rebuilt, and I think I need to fit the front end to square it up...

IMG_20200511_155312.jpg

IMG_20200511_155321.jpg

IMG_20200513_163453.jpg

IMG_20200513_163429.jpg

When I bought this 90....20 odd years ago, it was grey from new, but I didn't really like it and wanted a silver one so painted it. Now it's going back to grey although it's a lighter shade, it's Audi Nandogrey with some black in it to make it darker.