TD5 Fuel Pump Connector Loom side

Hi Folks

Looking to renew the rear loom on my TD5 90, have sourced nearly all the connectors and wiring, however the Fuel pump plug has been troublesome. Have sourced a BMW wiring cable plug part No. BMW8367072.

My question is can anyone please direct me to where I can get the correct terminals for it?

Will the Molex crimp terminals fit? part no. 02-09-118 (18-24 awg)

Many thanks

Spud

s-l1600.jpg

Afraid I can't help, because I'm in the same boat.

They are BMW connectors as you say, so I'm assuming the terminals are available from dealerships too, just haven't got around to calling one yet. Will be following this closely but probably my prompt to get on with it.

Edited by ThreePointFive

Just received the plug through the post, new it was to good to be true, right configuration but completely the wrong size! I suppose that's the problem when you are trying to reverse engineer something, oh well back  to the searching.

As I am new to this! Can someone please let me know how to contact PaulMc, I have seen some of his answers and I agree that he may be the go to man for this.

Cheers

Spud

Send him a private message. Click on the envelope at the top of this page, just left of your name and picture. Type his forum name (PaulMc) in the To: box and make sure you click it to confirm when it's offered as a match.

2 hours ago, Spud63 said:

Just received the plug through the post, new it was to good to be true, right configuration but completely the wrong size! I suppose that's the problem when you are trying to reverse engineer something, oh well back  to the searching.

As I am new to this! Can someone please let me know how to contact PaulMc, I have seen some of his answers and I agree that he may be the go to man for this.

Cheers

Spud

I have sent a message to Paul with a link to this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry For the delay in getting back with an answer folks BUT good news, I have finally sourced all the items for the plug. All sourced from E Bay, from the seller: Pantri Trading, I had a fair number of exchanges with them which I must add was positive and helpful. The prices quoted do seem steep but they are open to you making an offer. If there is not sufficient stock they will source and let you know.

Attached hopefully is a photo with the required parts, the numbers I am lead to believe are the BMW part numbers and they relate to the E Bay ordering. 1972651796_TD5FuelPumpPlug.jpg.b7dd462687fe4e9e3389b246b3e3328c.jpg

I hope this helps people, I am hopefully finishing the loom change tomorrow evening. It has been a bit of a headache but the results mean I now have a good loom which should last me out ... Hopefully

Anything that I may be able to help with please ask.

Cheers

Spud

Have completed the change all works great, one word of caution, the BMW plug is universal therefore can be fitted either way round so ensure that you have the pin / socket orientation correct.

Hope this helps. 

Spud 

• Like 1