Use one of the onboard cameras to view inside a trailer

I have a Land Rover discovery four, 13 plate the one with the five inbuilt cameras around the vehicle. I want to utilise one of the cameras underneath the wing mirror and connect it to a camera I want to install inside a horse trailer. I want to be able to select cameras on the touchscreen display and select the camera that used to be a wing mirror but now showing the inside of the horse trailer. I’m aware there will have to be a physical connection when I connect the trailer to feed the image into the Car. Has anybody attempted such a project or can give any advice on this matter ?

It was many years ago that a colleague, on a different forum and now out of touch, installed a camera in in the horse box.
In his case it was the only camera, but the connection was via Bluetooth. I don't recall exactly what he used as a screen, phone, tablet, or dedicated screen.
I do recall there was a battery involved, which didn't last the complete trip (I don't recall how far), and that his wife was most taken by the way she could talk to the horse (there was no 'answer' facility). The camera did allow them to see when the horse kicked the box, and produce a working solution. (It was a two horse box carrying one horse, with the central partition in place. When cornering forces became too high the horse tried to spread its legs for greater stability and thus kicked either the side of the box or the partition. Apparently the cure was to remove the partition, the horse was then able to stand more comfortably).

So, I suggest Bluetooth is your option to connect to the camera, however connected I can suggest nothing about integrating an additional camera into your existing viewing facilities.

Regards.

Think you'll have to start by finding the service manual for the vehicle and seeing how the cameras are wired up. Part of it will no doubt be CANbus, but I doubt they're sending video over the CANbus, so probably a separate wire there. Might be possible to just tap into the video feed of the rear camera through a wire either in the towbar wiring (if there's any empty ones) or an extra plug you fit. Have a relay switch between the two feeds if the plug is plugged in.

Good afternoon,

Knowing the D4, have a talk with Land Rover and their trailer options.

We use several wireless camera's on the various trailers - and in the horse truck. Power is from the trailer lights.

LR had / has a trailer package and I remember seeing some onboard camera's linking into that system.