Speedo bits

bishbosh

My speedo has packed up due to the square drive being not so square any more. The speedo is electronic.

Vehicle was 3.9 EFI with Borg-Warner , but is now 200TDi with LT230. I retained the original speedo and cable though.

I need to replace the flexible cable that runs from the box of tricks on the near side chassis rail to the transfer box (this would be the part from a borg warner t-box.)

I aslo need to replace the bits that fit into the transfer box (now an LT230) - the female square drive bit and I need the correct gear for 235 x 85 tyres as the speedo did under read by a fair bit which SWMBO didn't appreciate.. :lol::blink:

Anyone (Ralph :lol: ) got some part numbers and maybe an exploded diagram?

Ta muchly :)

having a look right now :D

For the speedo drive gear look at the 'speedo drive gear' thread in the tech archive -- try frc3310 blue the female square drive is part of this gear,[as fitted to my 255/85r16 tyred 110 & also used on vehicles fitted with 7.50 or 235/85r16 tyres]

found this info [sorry no picture, my printer has died]

2 peice speedo cable upper part from transducer to speedo prc6278 & lower part from transducer to transfer drive gear prc7949

transducer prc5956

also found a one peice cable prc6017

hth :D

Sorry for hijacking your thread Charles, and while Ralph has the speedo pages open !! :)

Would you have the number for the cable to fit mine !! Same as Bish's, the square drive into the clock is knacked !!, auto box on the back of a proper 3.5 V8 engine !! :ph34r: into Defender clocks

Thanks

Sorry for hijacking your thread Charles, and while Ralph has the speedo pages open !! :)

Would you have the number for the cable to fit mine !! Same as Bish's, the square drive into the clock is knacked !!, auto box on the back of a proper 3.5 V8 engine !! :ph34r: into Defender clocks

Thanks

Defender parts bit of EPC says upper section prc3718 for a V8 with a 2 section speedo cable, I guess yours has a audible overspeed device on the cable, a one piece cable is prc6023

hth :D

The speedo only packed up on the way back from Belgium, when the tripmeter was fitted, the black "square" drive had to be removed,and was not restuck as well as it should have been !! the cable may be ok, just the drive needed

Re "backwards" best SteveG explain that one, sometime,, may get one of the lads to swop them all round, if they wind me up, !!!

Same thing happened to me.. my fault for not tightening the speedo cable holder and it rounded the female drive.

Tried prizing the drive housing off but was seized solid, took the rear output off the transfer box and no amount of hammering prizing would shift it ended up mangling the worm drive gears and filling the bearing with debris :angry:

Luckily Inverness 4x4 had a used rear output which got me going again :D