Heater Motor

Got a few teething problems on my just finished rebuild. some I can put up wuth for now but would like to get this one sorted before winter.

Just put brand new Matrix in, heaters work in a Fashion but only on this position on Vid. Also when the leaver is down on the Red it blows nice and hot, but when up in the Blue it still blows hottish/ warm. 

The far lever on the right works as it should, changing air from top of dash to bottom.

Any Ideas of what I have done wrong ?

Yep.  The temperature control lever moves a diverted flap inside the matrix housing that blocks the matrix when cold is selected, and blocks the bypass when full hot is selected, allowing air through both paths in proportional amounts in intermediate positions.  It sounds like the cable is set so the door is not closing the hot path off.

2 hours ago, Snagger said:

Yep.  The temperature control lever moves a diverted flap inside the matrix housing that blocks the matrix when cold is selected, and blocks the bypass when full hot is selected, allowing air through both paths in proportional amounts in intermediate positions.  It sounds like the cable is set so the door is not closing the hot path off.

will have a look at cable. Would that cause the  blower to  work  only in that one position ?

watching your video, to me it looks like the slow speed resistor &/or the slider switch is not operating, could be a burnt out or disconnected resistor or a damage slider track. also recheck the wiring connections on the control switch & at the heterbox.

I do have a fairly new left heater control part here that I would be willing to sell if you need it.

39 minutes ago, kevin50 said:

will have a look at cable. Would that cause the  blower to  work  only in that one position ?

No.  That is completely independent.  The blower motor switch is on the left lever which operates a three Position switch and the matrix housing flap that closes against the bulkhead to stop all ram airflow with the fan off.  If the temperature lever is affecting the blower, the cable adjustment may be causing the doors/flaps to interfere with each other so the blocker door can only open (and thus the fan switch on) with the temperature flap out of the way.  That interference should not occur, so something may be in the incorrect position within the housing.

2 hours ago, western said:

watching your video, to me it looks like the slow speed resistor &/or the slider switch is not operating, could be a burnt out or disconnected resistor or a damage slider track. also recheck the wiring connections on the control switch & at the heterbox.

I do have a fairly new left heater control part here that I would be willing to sell if you need it.

Will take that lever off and check wiring.

2 hours ago, Snagger said:

No.  That is completely independent.  The blower motor switch is on the left lever which operates a three Position switch and the matrix housing flap that closes against the bulkhead to stop all ram airflow with the fan off.  If the temperature lever is affecting the blower, the cable adjustment may be causing the doors/flaps to interfere with each other so the blocker door can only open (and thus the fan switch on) with the temperature flap out of the way.  That interference should not occur, so something may be in the incorrect position within the housing.

When I fitted new matrix I checked the flap on the lever and it does work, ie opens and closes  but was not quite closing fully, maybe half inch gap left when in  fully closed position.

Will open the lid and see if I can see without having to take matrix back out.