Boost guage

renault4

Please help, I really don’t know what I am doing.  I fitted a boost guage yesterday to see what boost I was getting but I really don’t know what I am looking at. Third gear, slight hill, reach 3000 rpm then guage reads1.5 bar.to 1.6 bar.

then what? What is supposed to happen then? Does this mean anything.

🙂 Everyone has to start somewhere, it's just possible we mainly see the 'progressed' on LR4x4.

1 bar is roughly 15 psi, so your gauge is showing 22 to 24 psi.
I don't know Defenders in detail, but I suspect others have written before about what they have found.
The standard information will possibly be in the workshop manual, otherwise search for 'Defender Boost pressure'. You might also need to say what engine you are using.

Regards.

3 hours ago, David Sparkes said:

🙂 Everyone has to start somewhere

Indeed, I just don't follow the logic of buying a gauge and fitting it if you've no idea why or what it's for :huh:  usually people at least have some reason for wanting to know the boost or oil pressure or whatever before they buy a gauge.

On 12/6/2020 at 12:28 AM, renault4 said:

Third gear, slight hill, reach 3000 rpm then guage reads1.5 bar.to 1.6 bar.

I presume it's not a D2 then cos it should have gone to overboost at 1.42... if your's is an untuned 300tdi that 1.5 -1.6 bar is OK.