TD5 water pump questions

Hi all

Got to do the water pump on my TD5, Slight leak from the weep hole. 

Which brand would you go for, QH or pro flow? (Are genuine LR Quinton Hazell?)

Anything else I should do while in there? Do all the seals that are required come with the pump?

Any tips welcome. Cheers 

1 hour ago, Souster said:

Hi all

Got to do the water pump on my TD5, Slight leak from the weep hole. 

Which brand would you go for, QH or pro flow? (Are genuine LR Quinton Hazell?)

Anything else I should do while in there? Do all the seals that are required come with the pump?

Any tips welcome. Cheers 

Can't advise on the brands but I did mine last year and I remember the drive belt tensioner being very, very stiffly sprung. If your power steering pump is old you might as well replace it at the same time, same goes for the belt. Otherwise it's just a few bolts and fairly straight forward.

As above^^^ also, if you are doing anything there (especially if you change the PAS pump) check the PAS pipe on that side of the block. If its the same setup as the disco it chafes against the top of the sump (i think). 

QH are OEM. 

Thanks alot guys. I will bare that in mind. 

I find the constant tension hose clips on the TD5 always seem to seep slightly. Is there any reason why they didn't fit worm drive hose clamps? I'm thinking of changing to those, any reason why I shouldn't?

I have done a few TD5 water pumps now including my own one and find it much easier to undo the whole auxiliary housing and remove from the engine. It is easy to get off but if you do take it off, remember to get a new seal. 
I have had one that no matter what way I tried to get the pump out it wouldn’t and two others have broken the bolt close to the engine which is a bit of a sod to get to anyway! 
Toby

10 hours ago, Souster said:

Thanks everyone for your help posting. 

I'm going to give removing the housing a go, hopefully won't be too much of a pig. And replace the seal behind.

Also going to fit a low coolant alarm in the header tank while the coolant is drained.

Can you post some pics of your coolant alarm when it's done? I saw the British Canadian chap install one on a square header tank but was wondering how it would work on the round TD5 tank.