Best method to remove paint from the galvanised parts .

Jonfo

Hi all

I have just joined this as one week ago I got my series three SWB ( a 1972 with a 2.5 petrol from the later models , it had had an older transit diesel in ).

It’s functional and looks ok . A hand paint job in marine blue and black grill , headlamp cowels and rims . The galvanised parts are blue too , including the windscreen .,

I would like to remove the paint from those parts and figure I can’t use abrasive because of the galvanisation . Has anyone any suggestions for the more effective method whilst the parts are in situ please ?

also , where would you recommend for the best match for a touch up can of marine blue , and the limestone for the wheels ?

many thanks 

On 5/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, western said:

Use some paint stripper like Nitromors to remove the paint.

for paint have a look on Paintman Marine blue  & Limestone

just not Nitromoors as it is totally useless now. The best one I have found is Starchem

https://groveshop.co.uk/other-consumables/19945-starchem-synstryp-paint-stripper-5-litres-sps5.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwN-m6YG18AIVHOrtCh0GmwviEAQYASABEgJvp_D_BwE