Range Rover p38 wont unlock when hot outside

Matt1405

Hi, my p38 wont unlock when its

hot outside, i dont know what to do with it, i tried to pour cold water on the handle and it worked, but i dont always have cold water at me, so i want to fix it, so im asking if someone know what to do about this, thanks 

Sometimes sensors and other electronics can develop a bad/cracked solder joint that opens up with heat and closes again with cooling (or the other way around), I don't know what's inside a P38 door handle but it may be worth taking one apart to have a look.

We need a bit more info. Are you using the remote or the key in the driver's door? Is the sill button moving?

The handle has some mechanical parts that can fail, can't really think of something that is sensitive to heat. Temperature differences are too small for expansion to have an effect. There are some microswitches in the latch, those could have bad solder joint as @FridgeFreezer mentioned. But that would still allow you to mechanically unlock and open the driver's door with the key.

Filip

This problem is not confined to P38's.

In recent years both our Mondeo & BMW door locks have played up in hot weather, but will operate after a couple actions with the remote. 

Sorry I can't be of more help, I'm useless with modern electronics 🤔 Hope you get it sorted.