110 Fuel Tanks

I'm about to do some major surgery on the back end of my 110. Floors coming out etc so seems sensible to fit a new fuel tank while we are in there (current tank is leaking somewhere) so any suppliers that are recommended? any to definitely avoid? Any aftermarket options with bigger capacity? 

Vehicle is of 1989 vintage.

Edited by vulcan bomber

I bought a replacement metal one from RST on eBay. I don’t remember the make though but I do remember the impossible shield to fit.

I’d bought a new one but there was no way I could get it to bend around. I eventually bought a rigid ally one. It was far easier.

I used a new cork gasket at the pickup on top but it leaked slightly when full and sloshing about and eventually I had to reseal with a little Dirko. 

I remember trying to follow someone’s advice about the screws in that blue ring thing and preventing leaks up the threads.

I also used the cork gasket but still had a smell and damp across the top of the tank. When I rebuilt the floor, I lifted the return back out and used Dirko to seal and it’s been fine since.