Sva ect

I sure someone will know the answer to this. If I am looking for any car disco or defender and its been lengthened or shortened  whatever it is and it been done before the sva thing , how would you know? Also is it true all imported cars from France Sweden ect go through  a sva if they are not uk cars.

Imported cars do have to go through an IVA but it's different to kit cars and radically altered. Generally speaking the registration date will tell you if it was done after SVA/IVA because it will be different to the registration number date. For instance mine is a Q plate but was registered in 2018, if it had an age related plate it would of been a D but still would of been registered in 2018.

Mike

TBH for "standard" vehicles they're very unlikely to have been lengthened or shortened, and it would be very obvious if they had. Not much reason to try and make a 110 out of a 90 or vice-versa, and near impossible to lengthen or shorten a Discovery or RR without it being painfully obvious.

The main thing to avoid would be anything claiming to be a tax-exempt Series or Range Rover - any Series that's on coils is wrong, any Discovery that's tax exempt is wrong, and Defenders with a much newer spec than their registration can often be ringers.