heater box inner flaps

I assume you mean the two flaps that open to direct air to the footwells.

I used a bit of camping mat. It is soft enough to deform and seal but not too soft that it squashes. It has been in for seven years.

I wouldn’t worry about heat resistance 😄

• Like 1

Ok, so I thought I would test my hamster wheel motor as there are just two wires, neg and pos me thinks. Well a bit of arcing and motor will not turn. So I hooked it up to the 110 and now it's blowin fuses. I don't know what I have done and now looking for help please. Would it be wise to open up the motor it looks like it could be opened ? Anyone know where I could get a couple of the cable clip things on top of the heater box housing ?

Regards Mark.

The motor has two speeds, with the slower speed provided by a small ohm but large wattage resistor that drops some of the voltage before it gets to the motor. The faster speed is provided by the full voltage. So it should work but maybe it is seized. Will it spin by hand? Can you give it a flick start when you apply the volts?

Thanks, yes what you have mentioned was what I thought so I went and rigged the motor up and got arcing at the socket of the motor, I remembered I had a motor knocking around so I rigged it up and it is working fine. So the duff one will be coming apart soon. Could the lr motors be replaced by some other type motor ?

Maybe the faulty motor has a dirty commutator or worn brushes. ( I assume that’s how it is constructed)

Most upgrades are the speed control side but I believe some people have replaced the motor with a marine bilge motor (I think that’s the right term). Try a search.