Puma 110 lost drive - MT82 drive shaft coupling??

Hi.... Saw a 110 recovered to a local livery this week with no drive. They initially diagnosed a failed LT230 but I'm suspicious of the MT82 gearbox output drive shaft coupling....

Lovely grinding noise when in gear and t/box in high or low range.

I'm confident that the LT230 can take more of a hiding (Towing horses) than the coupling based on some searches.

Does anyone have any more relevant experience I can lean on here?

Vehicle has approx. 100k miles, clutch replacement in the last year or so I believe, generally well maintained from the appearance and quick look underneath.

@ashtrans - Dave..... Should I be pointing them to you for an updated coupling?

Regards

Neil 

LT230 failure very rare - MT82 coupling failure so common as to be almost guaranteed. Have had several go on fairly low mileage vehicles.

Whip the cover plate off and see if the end of the shaft inside the input gear is turning - if not then the fault is with the coupling. Or the MT82 itself, though those are pretty robust too to be fair, it’s just the rubbish bodge to adapt it to the LT230 that is the issue.