Locking wheel nuts

monkey welder

So, you have two with 9/16 BSF studs and two with 16mm studs. They are stud diameters, not spanner 'across flats' dimensions.

I will confess to being confused by the change from 'vehicle theft' to 'wheel theft', in my book they are two different activities.
Was the recently locally stolen LR also a Series 2A?

Since the advent of taper fit left hand threaded 'nut removers', and powerful battery wrenches, I had rather assumed locking wheel nuts had died a death. Whether that is right or wrong, I suppose it's not surprising that I don't know of suppliers who will invest in stock of locking wheel nuts at these very niche stud sizes.

Regards.

• Like 2

That's fair comment on the advent of tools to easily remove nuts nowadays.  The landy stolen was a Defender, not a Series, but it still got me worried.  Thanks for the info on nut sizes, i guess i'll abandon my search for locking ones and just make sure i have plenty of other security going on to put other would be thieves off.....

I think Series, especially ones with a tilt, are so easy to steal that we probably really have to take the approach of not leaving them anywhere.

I park where I can see it or in what I would consider very low risk places.

My 90” with it’s hard top is obviously a little more secure - but I still minimise the time I’d leave it and am very careful where I park it.

I did put locking wheel nuts on the 90”, this type:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362695919177?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=10DtSqUnR7-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=8IVqfH45Rgq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

That’s mainly because I have banded steels and tyres are so damn expensive now - just needed to make it a bit harder. 

I also think we can’t be going round worrying about it being stolen all the time - I know people who’ve sold them because of that, and others who just take so little joy from them because they are constantly worrying.

So I’ve thought carefully about the level of risk I’d take, stick to it, and then put it out my mind and get on with enjoying them.

• Like 1