Linking images hosted on private web site

NegevLandRover

I manage to post images hosted on my photobucket site with no problems at all so why can't I post images hosted on my own web site. Just so as to clarify: I wan't the images to pop up on the forum not for users to have to click on a link that takes them to my site.

Before anyone asks why I care where the images are hosted I do care because I want to try and float my web site higher in the search listings and if it recieves more 'hits' then it will rise in the rankings.

TIA

Adam

Adam,

Some (cheap/free) hosting providers do not allow images to be "remote linked", this may be the reason. Other things that upset the process are spaces in file names and images not ending with .jpg or .gif.

Having more hits through image links will not increase your search listings, google does not know how much traffic your website gets. It ranks sites on the number of links to them from elsewhere on the web. It also tends not to index "active" pages like forums.

Adam, it looks like most of the images on your website are .bmp, so they take ages to load for people looking at your site, and this board doesn't support them so won't let you show them.

Save and upload them to the space again as .jpg and they'll load faster and you should be able to link to them.

Richard

6.10.04_060.jpg

Now sorted - this picture is hosted on my web site rather than photobucket or similar and linked to here automaticaly !!

Guys you are GREAT !! :D

Richard that last bit of advice has now completed the picture (excuse the pun !) Now all I have to do is go through all my albums and change the pics from BMP to JPG :o This alone will take a month of Sundays as for some reason ALL my images are saved as BMP.

Before I do that is there any reason at all why I may want to keep BMP images rather than JPG ones ?!!

TIA

Adam