Rear wiring loom colour check 1993 90

I am trying to understand my wiring loom and wondered if you folks can check what I have and perhaps fill in the ones I am missing. 

I have unwrapped my wiring loom where it enters at the front (just in front of the bulkhead outrigger) to travel toward the rear. The colours I have are as follows:

Purple  - 

Red/yellow - fog lights

Red/Orange  - RH Tail light

Red/Black - LH Tail light

Green Purple- Brake lights

Green/Red - Left indicator

Green/Black - RH indicator 

Green/White - 

Green/Brown - reverse 

White/Purple  - Fuel pump

So what is Purple and what is Green/white?

Thanks for your help 

Mick

24 minutes ago, western said:

Purple is always live 12v from battery

Green/White is RH indicator

Green/Black is fuel sender to gauge NOT indicator

Thanks Western, I really appreciate that.

Well the Purple certainly wasn't live when it got to the rear!

20220909_134757.thumb.jpg.c0de998dd0125479378ca6e38cc5c3d5.jpg

Also the loom has obviously had a join in the past.

20220909_134800.thumb.jpg.08ee894991b09e165c691b4c94b75920.jpg

7 hours ago, western said:

It's had better times. 

I can only agree with you there.

I have decided to bite the bullet and fit a length of trailer cable to the back. It would not be my preferred option but the loom is quite stiff, which I presume is age related, and the tape wrapping it is not as adhered as it once was. I have decided to route the loom along the top of the chassis so I feel a multi core cable with its own outer sheath would offer better protection. My thoughts are to have this in split convoluted tube P clipped to the chassis. 

I don't like diverging from the standard LR wiring colours, but at least with using standard trailer wiring the colours will be a  standard in the main.

I had to remove the chassis loom during the change, on refit I decided to route it along the outside upper face in split convoluted tube, cable tied to other pipes along the top & some chassis brackets, it's been fine in the lsdt 8 years, I do have a new Autosparks chassis loom to replace the old one, when I get around to it. 

• Like 1

Like Western-guru I have also got my loom outside in convoluted tube. What I like best is the confidence there won't be weird shorts/blown fuses where the barely protected loom rubs through on sharp bits somewhere inside the chassis...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Giles said:

Like Western-guru I have also got my loom outside in convoluted tube. What I like best is the confidence there won't be weird shorts/blown fuses where the barely protected loom rubs through on sharp bits somewhere inside the chassis...

Having it on the top will mean I know where it is so when cleaning and treating inside, or indeed any welding required. I will have to make sure I treat underneath the conduit first as I can see that collecting crud.