Puma doors - CDL (central door locking)

Superb @PaulMc.

They are totally unforgiving, so if you mess one up, the only way, is to cut it off and start again. Of course if you have already successfully crimped one of the other cores going into the same connector, you may now have cores of unequal length. Just saying.

• 11 months later...

I didn't realise that this thread looks a little unfinished. So, just to say, everything works. The fobs set and unset the alarm and at the same time, lock and unlock the doors.

If I operate the key in the driver's door, the CDL works but the alarm is not set. This can be very handy.

My second row doors are still manual. One day I will fix this.

Conclusion, fitting CDL has made things far more convenient and was worth the effort.

• Like 3

Thanks for the added summary.  This thread and the similar mods by Hazza and GeoJake convinced me to the same at some point.  I want to do the same as you with the lock barrels too.  I wish I had seen this thread before as I had been looking at all manner of kits for barrels with conflicting information over the match with the steering lock on earlier cars!  My plan is to do as you did - post 2002 steering lock and three barrels, for which I need the rear door latch and later front door handles, all done in a kit by SP.  Jake’s thread brought up the integrated fob/key from Right-Click, and the thread about puddle lights fermented another idea of going for their three button keys instead of two button and using the “boot opening” button for the puddle lights.  You guys can be very inspiring.

• Like 1