Super winch husky freespool

inchman

21 minutes ago, inchman said:

Thanks for all the replies. Yes the lever engages and disengages no problem it's just the rope is hard to pull out. 

I'll take it apart and give it a freshen up. 

Cheers

Make sure you use the correct weight lubricants (or equivalents) a fully synth 85W/140 for the front box. Iuse this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lucas-Oil-LUC10042-85W-140-Heavy/dp/B000IG20T0/ref=asc_df_B000IG20T0/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=255992094690&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1421330133028777465&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006563&hvtargid=pla-522260295254&psc=1

There is phosphor bronze in the spur (worm) gearbox, but it take a semi-fluid grease. I tend to use LR once shot swivel grease

I also grease the drum ends, where they sit in the nylon race. I use https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-1039-red-line-cv-2-grease-with-moly.aspx, but I buy it from Merlin Motorsport

Also check your mounting holes are true and so is your front plate

A good service as above as a good start. When you unbolt the drum end support (with the drum empty), you'll then be able to pull it away depending on the bumper you've got. The plastic drum bearings aren't expensive and they just pop out new ones push in easily. They're also changeable without removing the whole winch from the bumper. 

• Like 1