LRO

Anderzander

Despite it's reputation as the Yellow Pages of the land rover world, and some truly appalling technical gaffs, it had some great writers. Neil Watterson has made a brilliant job as editor, but he's back freelance now, so hopefully will be helping out Martin Domney over at LRM as they try and rebuild that once illustrious mag. I was chatting with Mark Saville last night and he has some plans, which is good. Russ Brown is looking at working in tourism in Devon. 

Bauer Media International have been shedding car mags left right and centre, as apar form Aus, there You Tube attempts have failed. When the last offer fell through, they just decided they weren't willing to go without sensible profits. 

4 hours ago, L19MUD said:

I wonder what impact that will have on the Peterborough show as well.

@Anderzander how did you find out?

The Peterborough show is going anyway I believe. Last sept was the last as the site has been or is being sold for housing. How much of the ground I don't know.

Its always a shame to see a long standing thing disappear, but other than the odd purchase for a particular article, I've not read it regularly for a long time. The love of Britpart thanks to sponsorship (not the only mag to do so), was probably a necessary thing to keep it going as long as it has. As a mag it had some good writers, but also some naff ones, and the quality of typo checking was awful - A td5 or V8 being labelled as something completely different, or even the completely wrong vehicle. 

Posted on LRO Facebook page 

https://www.facebook.com/96228284757/posts/pfbid02nbD7MHN31YzUhiGdAf2EuZ5D7rN1KPKjqzVPFqwKNSsKPvCr3HqwawWNyx2y2XEPl/

We are very sorry to confirm that our publisher has decided it is no longer viable to continue printing LRO. We have been given the following statement to share with you:

“Following a recent review, Bauer Media has decided to indefinitely pause publishing Land Rover Owner International (LRO) magazine.  
Despite strong consumer support for the title, which has been the UK’s leading magazine for Land Rover enthusiasts for the last 35 years, the print magazine is not commercially viable in the current challenging climate. The last issue will be the May-23 issue, on sale 12-April 2023.
A letter is going out this week to subscribers explaining their options.”

Thank you to the many thousands of readers who have enjoyed the magazine over the decades. Your support, engagement, stories and enthusiasm have been essential to its success.