Kent- is anyone available to help? Solenoid Tdi

Maybe a long shot- is anyone close by in the Langley/Maidstone area willing to help me tighten up this damn solenoid? I’ve replaced it and I cannot get it to turn anymore and it is leaking. 

I really don’t want to have to take the pump out. 

Happy to pay for anyone’s time. Just really need the help! 

Thanks

Edited by Geojake

• Geojake changed the title to Kent- is anyone available to help? Solenoid Tdi

No, tomorrow is out for me as I'm working late, sorry.

I can do Tuesday I think if you're still stuck by then... What do you actually need - a bit of applied brute force and ignorance, a spare pair of hands or expertise? I can do the first, the latter not so much as I've never been under the bonnet of a TDi.

3 hours ago, Junglie said:

No, tomorrow is out for me as I'm working late, sorry.

I can do Tuesday I think if you're still stuck by then... What do you actually need - a bit of applied brute force and ignorance, a spare pair of hands or expertise? I can do the first, the latter not so much as I've never been under the bonnet of a TDi.

Okay mate not to worry. If I’m still stuck by Tuesday I’ll let you know! Probably, I need someone who has also suffered the same problems, however brute force and ignorance has always worked for me!

2 hours ago, western said:

there should be a small O ring seal on bottom of the shutoff soleniod body that fits in the FIP recess, a 24mm slimmed down ja open end spanner will tighten it, it only needs to be nipped spanner tight.

Hi western,

So everyone keeps telling me- just a nip, but I assume my threads on the pump are shot because every turn has been tight from the beginning.  I’ve never suffered so much! I made the spanner and it has got me this far. 

IMG_7767.jpeg

Edited by Geojake
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, smallfry said:

Thread is very fine and easy to cross thread. They will normally screw in with fingers.

Have you got the O ring on it ?

The old one was tight coming off too. Only finger loose at last 2 threads or so. I think maybe they’ve been cross threaded before. 

I have the O ring. Will take off tomorrow and have a rethink. Lost patience with it so left it for a day! 

• 1 month later...

Okay so just an update on this. If you can’t turn it by hand like everybody says, something is very wrong!

The previous solenoid was cross threaded, hence the new one being tight.

So I am in need of a new pump. 

I’ve posted in the wanted page to see if anyone on here has one.