Right transm tunnel for Defender V8 auto

Hello all 🙂

That's my question. Which is the best option? For a 4.0 with a 4HP-22 fitted with an Ashcroft console. Originally, a 200 Tdi.

Thanks so much, 

Pedro

Thanks for the answer, that’s what I had guessed but just wanted to confirm before I try to source one 🙂

Will the 200 Tdi bulkhead fit the RTC6826 Td5 diaphragm?

The truck has now a Td5 seatbox, so no problems on that part, I guess

It depends on whether you are locating the transmission in the factory 200Tdi position or the V8/300Tdi/Td5 position I think.

This would guide your choice of tunnel and hopefully ensure the gear levers come up in the right places.

If using an Ashcroft console then I would ask them, they know their stuff. 

Thank you James 🙂

We took the transfer box as the starting reference and everything seems to have come into place nicely.

But now we have to fill the gap, currently the Landie looks like the Flintstones car 🤨

916d97c5-86d5-47e0-87e6-9d023c72fec6.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 7:19 AM, Red110 said:

Thanks for the answer, that’s what I had guessed but just wanted to confirm before I try to source one 🙂

Will the 200 Tdi bulkhead fit the RTC6826 Td5 diaphragm?

The truck has now a Td5 seatbox, so no problems on that part, I guess

Yeah, anything with the removable flange will bolt up to the TD5/R380 diaphragm.

Leather looks good on the console did you do it yourself?  I have been looking at industrial sewing machines with the thought of doing all my trims in Leather. The thing that worries me is if it pulls away from the original panel especially where it is stretched into a depression. 

2 hours ago, Paul C said:

The thing that worries me is if it pulls away from the original panel especially where it is stretched into a depression. 

Even the professional's struggle with that I can assure you.

IMG_20230318_110629.thumb.jpg.ef379edc620d46c591d3ddc4058a6333.jpg

I'm fairly sure the diaphragm fits any 90/110 bulkhead (though not sure about puma).

Mike