RRC with P38 roof ?

Little mule

Hi everyone .

I have a question . Does anyone know or has tried to mount a P38 Range Rover roof onto a Range Rover classic ? 

I know this seems odd but my classic roof collapsed from last winters heavy snow fall.

I had about 7 feet of snow on the roof and did not get it removed in time and it collapsed on the right front courier down to the back of the door .

I have a 2000 P38 here with a perfect roof on it and wondered if I could install it onto to my classic.

if that can’t be done does anyone have a RRC roof in good Nic on this side of the pond Canada .

my old roof has no sun roof but that’s not a problem. 

im just wondering if it will fit and not cause me a lot of work to try and fix the old roof .

my truck is a 1990 two door left hand drive . 

tony 

• 2 months later...

I’ll try to get a picture today . It’s was in storage with a tarp over it and tires to hold down the tarp THEN we had 17 feet of snow over the winter . I went out in the spring and it was pretty crushed . The cross ribs are all bent down.

I managed to get most of the the roof pulled back up and have to work at the cross bows . The right front courier is the worst .

what I did was put the engine in the shop and used my over head gantry Crain some ropes and pulling he some suction cups to stock to the roof and slowly pull it back up and into some sort of shape.