Could this be the understatement of the year?

Personally I would avoid those brackets.  At best they are a sticking-plaster over a serious, safety critical problem.

As James suggests, replace the Axle.  It's the only way to be sure.  Yes it will cost you personally, but a swivel falling off could cost you a whole lot more!

JLR ought to be addressing this - but since their 'solution' is garbage, it's not worth the effort of pursuing them to get the sticking plasters fitted.

I would be on to Trading Standards about the dealership.  That is not just unprofessional - I’m pretty sure sit is fraud as they have deliberately misled you for financial purposes (ie not carrying out un-billed recall or warranty work).  It is also extremely dangerous in deceiving you into thinking that corrective action has been undertaken and that your car needs no further remedy or concern.  I’d send copies to all the local papers, just to really screw the dealership.  They should be going to prison for that, as should LR managers who decline the repair, if that is really what happened (I suspect the dealership is lying about that too).

• Like 2

Latest update: I have managed to persuade the original Main Dealer who sold me the 110 to have a look at the problem. Yet again I have the vehicle booked in for the same N706 Recall. If they decline to fit the 'sticking-plaster' brackets, I will have to pursue the matter directly with JLR. At least I've explored a possibilities. I Take on board the replacement axle recommendations; I will probably end up going down that route.

21 hours ago, Snagger said:

I would be on to Trading Standards about the dealership.  That is not just unprofessional - I’m pretty sure sit is fraud as they have deliberately misled you for financial purposes (ie not carrying out un-billed recall or warranty work).  It is also extremely dangerous in deceiving you into thinking that corrective action has been undertaken and that your car needs no further remedy or concern.  I’d send copies to all the local papers, just to really screw the dealership.  They should be going to prison for that, as should LR managers who decline the repair, if that is really what happened (I suspect the dealership is lying about that too).

I agree with this approach. As I suggested already its potentially a breach of contract (notwithstanding the fact they said it was repaired but wasn't), as they invited you to have to work done for your and other's safety without any terms/conditions and then refused to honour that contract.

• 3 weeks later...