Silly panhard rod question

I have some lovely wheel wobbly and think it's the panhard rod. The tracking was badly out but is now sorted, wheel bearings all around, all radius arm bushes, damper, track rod ends  and drag link ball joints are all recent. The only other thing on the list is the preload on the swivels and the steering box but there is definitely movement in the panhard rod so that's next on the list.

When i wiggle the chassis side of the panhard rod the bolt rattles in the bush, in other words the inner collar of the bush doesn't have movement against the rubber, but the bolt has movement against the inner collar of the bush in all directions as if the bolt is too narrow for the fitting.

Is this normal and just needs tightening up or is the bolt meant to be snug in the bush? I presume the latter and I need a new bush, but can't quite work out how it would end up becoming loose like that.

Seems like it has been left/come loose and the bolt has worn the metal tube down and now it won't crush down and clamp it tightly -you may get away with just tightening it temporarily, but if it has been like that for any time time it should really be replaced.

A lot of people use Superpro poly bushes in there with reported improvements, as the rubber ones, especially if aftermarket, really don't last.

I won’t guess at the cause, but that is worn and should be replaced.  It replace the bush and the nut/bolt on both ends.. As mentioned, that would be a good location where polyurethane bushes will be easy to fit and not suffer badly from grit or sand abrasion.