Indicators fail - both sides. 1986 110. Holding up my first MOT after 8 year rebuild... Can anyone help please :-)

On 3/26/2024 at 8:37 PM, mat2495 said:

Glad you are making some progress! I have slightly been to the pub tonight, so take this with a pinch of salt...I think when the hazard switch is off, and the ignition is on, the light green (no trace) at the flasher relay should have 12v on it. This connection is made in the hazard switch itself I think. With the hazards off and the ignition on, can you check to see if the light green at the switch has 12v on it? This should then give you 12v on the light green at the flasher relay with the hazards off, ignition on position. If you have 12v at the switch but not the relay then I guess you are hunting down a broken wire, but in my experience the replacement hazard switches are not very reliable..

Yes I believe so! just measure to make sure that there isn't 12v on the hazard switch end of the wire

I'm in a pub now, under the banner of "networking in London"...  New Lucas switch ordered, arriving 2 April.  Will update you all,  HUGE THANKS!

I had a failed hazard switch.  Ordered a replacement and it came in a blue box 😟.  This was also faulty.  No output to the left indicator when in normal mode, ie hazard switch not on.  Instead of trying again, and possibly again, and again, I sorted it by altering the wiring and including a diode.  The system now works my way, but produces the correct results.  I can supply a wiring diagram if anybody needs one.

Mike