Another PAS solution for a Series

henk

What do you think of this solution?

I have a galva chassis and this way I do not need to weld a plate on it to go the p38 way

And

Not sure about that, I mean it works.... But personally I'd be looking at an electric column, feels like this is just using LR parts because they are there rather than they are best fit. 

• Like 2

I don’t like that at all.  The vertical bracket is long and so is likely to flex significantly, meanwhile the slop and value steering induced by the relay is retained.  Not only that, but the relay is a weak point in the system, especially aftermarket replacements - many people have sheared relay shafts, and this system would put enormous torsion on it.

I used a P38 unit on my galvanised chassis.  I was planning to make a system of clamping plates that would wrap around the dumbiron. The front cross member (that houses the relay) is in the way, so the plates would have to extend forward of that and be thick sheet, 5mm minimum and perhaps 8mm, to resist flexing over that span.  I decided to weld a plate with gussets onto the dumbiron instead, spraying copious amounts of wax inside where the welding was done and covering the outside of the welded area and the new bracket with zinc rich primer, paint and Schutz.  It isn’t going to rust any sooner than the rest of the chassis.

• Like 1