LR 90 v8 - No Spark

So… finally got around to replacing ignition system last week was running beautifully and in perfect time. Engine suddenly cut out today (luckily on driveway) and now won’t start as no spark…

have checked coil is getting power all fine and there’s power going through the lead into the dizzy. Rotor arm is moving as engine cranks over. Have triple checked all wiring (replaced most) and am 100% all wires are where they should be.

swapped back to the old coil and made no difference either.

any ideas as to what could be happening?!

6 minutes ago, mad_pete said:

Isn’t there another wire coming of the dizzy for something ? My connector on there perished and I lost power because of it but it was a while ago. 

There is an earth point as well which it says isn’t a necessity. Didn’t have it connected when was working fine. Did run a lead from it just incase but made no difference 

I assume if there’s voltage to coil with ignition on then there would also be voltage when cranking or could I be onto something there? (Still learning so appreciate if that’s a dumb question!)🤣 

10 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Well, there *should* be... 

is it a separate signal the green wire gets when starting then? Is that fused? Just seems strange suddenly cut out and now won’t start but was absolutely fine!