New workshop project

20 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Depending on what you're doing.... a 110 could always be turned on some wheel skates. 

Meh…  I think he should go the whole hog and fit a turntable like so many Tokyo garages have!  

Have it as a lifting turntable, fit a sliding roof and have the trees outside fold out of the way - anything can happen in the next 30 minutes!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The 6m is the external length too, so it’s actually closer to 5.7m by the time the wall thickness is taken into account. If I can squeeze a few more inches in I will, but the boundary is a bank that will need supporting and a drain at the bottom.

Discussions with the council have flagged a few building standards issues but hopefully nothing insurmountable. I will likely have to remove the windows from the rear wall though, or change the cladding to a non-combustible type.

Today has seen the temporary shed get a floor and a door, so I have started moving stuff across in preparation for the big one coming down. I also re-purposed the old hot tub power supply to give me a couple of sockets in there, for use on the build.

Once everything is moved across it’s on with dismantling the big garage. Current plan is roof off first, then cladding/insulation and finally the frame. 

4f78ddfa-66f0-491c-85e7-0e6e0766d95b.thumb.jpeg.53eb684d65a6bafdcb849982346f120b.jpeg

• Like 3

Silly suggestion but do you have enough space to reverse a vehicle long the front of the shed so you can drive in at the gable end (hot tub)?

Might give you the headroom for a lift then? You could still keep the double doors on the front because you could drive over the middle of the lift to park a vehicle there normally (unless you fancied sinking it into the slab like an MOT test bay.

1 hour ago, Ed Poore said:

Silly suggestion but do you have enough space to reverse a vehicle long the front of the shed so you can drive in at the gable end (hot tub)?

Might give you the headroom for a lift then? You could still keep the double doors on the front because you could drive over the middle of the lift to park a vehicle there normally (unless you fancied sinking it into the slab like an MOT test bay.

Could be a two-poster mounted between the doors then so it’s not in the way of using the doors normally.