New tilt needed for: 1955 series one 86"

Oakmaster

I need a New tilt needed for my 1955 series one 86"

Where would anyone suggest I go shopping?

Also what are the recommended actions immediately you fit it?  My last one shrunk (because I went on honeymoon - and it was left out in the rain, but not fastened down!)  - what about on-going care? should you clean it? and with what?  same with waterproofing treatment?

Thanks 

Bill

Under Cover Covers in Birmingham are the place to go , extremely well made and don't shrink or fade too fast. They still supply the British Army and have original patterns for lots of stuff. 

Give them a call as it's a small family run business.

No connection apart from a very satisfied customer 

Steve

• Like 2

I used Exmoor trim for my  86" S1 1955 canvas and was very happy with it, this was over 20 years ago now so not sure what the current market is like.

A few things to think about though, assuming this is a full tilt. Check what you get as standard and any optional extras, I got see through side panels as well (not sure they were worth it but a personal decision), also I got added straps so the sides could be rolled up if you wanted to, which is a nice thing in the summer. When comparing prices it could make quite a difference what different places consider the base and what extra's they charge for that others provide free.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 8:20 PM, steve b said:

Under Cover Covers in Birmingham are the place to go , extremely well made and don't shrink or fade too fast. They still supply the British Army and have original patterns for lots of stuff. 

Give them a call as it's a small family run business.

No connection apart from a very satisfied customer 

Steve

100% !!! 

• Like 1

Undercover Covers, to be sure.  I had an Exmoor Trim rag top on the Lightweight, and it had pinholes throughout the weave that you could see bright sunlight through.  The fine weave tape over the seamed turned a peculiar light shade of lilac, contrasting ridiculously with the green of the rest of the cover and car, and it dripped through the stitching from new.  Their seat trim seems good, but I’d never buy a cover from them again.