How much is it worth??!

samwilk200

Hi all,

Just after a rough idea on price of my 8274 winch as I MAY be selling it. Not defo yet, but i'm gonna have to think about it. :angry:

Warn 8274 winch, old style with round freespool lever.

Splined motor and gear, think 4.6hp.

Gwyn Lewis HD brakepads, used 2-3 times

Gwyn Lewis brake circlip mod

New brake shaft bush and seal

New brake ball bearings

New drum seal and bushes either end.

New steel cable, used 2-3 times.

Std solenoids mounted on motor

New roller fairlead

All cable 35mm2, to wire up winch, 2nd battery and battery cut off switch.

In cab switch and wire to winch.

H/D 66ah battery used as second battery, 4 months old.

Gwyn Lewis drum cable guard

Superwinch bumper inc cradle to fit 8274, bit rough but ok.

Lots of metal to make new bumper, have got 8mm cradle made up :ph34r: , just needs more mounting points. Will be very recessed and high mounted. Includes various pre cut plates, and box section for ends of bumper.

So any ideas on price please?!

Thanks all

Sam

(Lewis I havnt forgotten!!) ;)

Guest diesel_jim

Do you really need to sell it?

are you short of cash? if not, then i'd hang onto it. stuff it into a corner of your garage, or the attic. and then when you do need one again, you won't have to pay full whack for a rebuilt 4.6hm one like you already have.

Do you really need to sell it?

are you short of cash? if not, then i'd hang onto it. stuff it into a corner of your garage, or the attic. and then when you do need one again, you won't have to pay full whack for a rebuilt 4.6hm one like you already have.

Thats kind of why I'm asking how much its worth. If its not worth much, then I would hang onto it, but if I could get a lump of cash for it then the money would be more useful elsewhere, (enduro bike, car, student life etc!!!)

Thanks

realistically £450-500 tops

ebay £1000+

:lol: Its funny because its true

On ebay the prices for 8274's seem to plateau at around 450 - 500 regardless of condition:

Recently I saw an 8274, standard used and abused 2hp motor and tatty rope go for £421, a day later a rebuilt 8274-50 with new 4.6hp motor, bead blasted casing, drilled shaft for bolt holding the brake circlip on, filler and drain plugs, breather union, R-clipped freespool - went for £480(ish)

If it goes on ebay I wont hold you to first refusal mate - I'll just bid with everyone else :)