Free brake pads and shoes!!!!

I know most of you, if not all do your own repairs/maintenance but while in the pub this lunchtime

i read an add from Kwik fit claiming that after having a brake check and fitting of shoes/pads that they would replace worn or damaged pads/shoes FREE for as long as you own the vehicle. :D

There is probably a catch! :(

Im guessing the fitting only is free.

I know most of you, if not all do your own repairs/maintenance but while in the pub this lunchtime

i read an add from Kwik fit claiming that after having a brake check and fitting of shoes/pads that they would replace worn or damaged pads/shoes FREE for as long as you own the vehicle. :D

You'll write the car off driving out of their garage due to brake failure. :blink:

You'll write the car off driving out of their garage due to brake failure. :blink:

My first car (Marina 1.8tc) had a full engine rebuild because of and paid by them.

They had an offer of full oil and filter change for about £7. I took it in, they did. I left, 100 yards down the road, oil light came on, went back, had a bit of an argument, then spotted my sump plug on the ramp - a written guarantee off the manager.

:ph34r: [i know who guy who then went home, removed all oil, drove for about 7 miles, seized it, put saved oil back in and got a new engine!] :ph34r:

ISTR that such offers are full of holes. I would imagine that in this case each replacement of the brake linings would nessecitate your paying through the nose for new discs/drums too, therby negating the benefits.

Chris

Yeah

i think it is a play on words they will replace them for free. Ie fit them for free but you have to pay for them

i will have to see if Kwik fit here (australia) are doing the offer too

One of these garage types used to have a deal where if you bought a full exhaust it would be replaced free of charge as long as you owned the motor. My mated loved it because he had t fitted to his landy and was often in for new bits.

G.