Just want to say Good Luck

reads90

Well how much are you lot going to get bent over again today.

Seening what is going on from the other side of the world. (and yeah i might be in Aus but get UK news every morning and evening, BBC and Sky )It seems to amaze me and the goverment is only useing the green thing of the moment to charge everyone more tax. After all what are they doing with the extra (green) tax money you are paying them. Not giving it to green issues i bet, more likly going to Bogons and immigrants

Anyway hoping they don't stuff you too much.

Just what is going on in the Uk (towards 4x4) just seems so unbeliveable to me .

I ran away already! OK choice was maybe not best as i came to Finland land of uber tax! but at least they are honest about it not so stealthy and 4x4 are not the main topic of hatred on the road. alas the cost of buying a car here is rather mental. like an 85 talbot horizon for 2000€ but at the same time if you hunt hard enough the bargins are still out there just not so easy to find!

Well, im pondering running away. I'm off to NZ shortly to look for jobs - if I get a good offer I'm not coming back!

It's funny how many people I've talked to recently who have been seriously considering moving (and one or two who have already gone!). Mostly to escape the surveylance, civil liberty reductions, criminalisation of just about everything and automatic fines for anything that can be detected automatically. I am starting to feel a bit boxed in. I appreciate that "if I've done nothing wrong, I've got nothing to worry about" but the range of things you can do wrong is increasing by the moment. It used to be that for the majority of the population, we were trusted not to do anything wrong. Now it is assumed we will and as such need supervising 24/7. This has come to a head IMHO with the introduction of laws making it criminal to 'plan' a crime. Planning is only one step removed from thinking about it. One might think about it, but never do it. Now you are guilty before you do the crime. Thought police?

Canada sounds nice!

Si

It's funny how many people I've talked to recently who have been seriously considering moving (and one or two who have already gone!). Mostly to escape the surveylance, civil liberty reductions, criminalisation of just about everything and automatic fines for anything that can be detected automatically. I am starting to feel a bit boxed in. I appreciate that "if I've done nothing wrong, I've got nothing to worry about" but the range of things you can do wrong is increasing by the moment. It used to be that for the majority of the population, we were trusted not to do anything wrong. Now it is assumed we will and as such need supervising 24/7. This has come to a head IMHO with the introduction of laws making it criminal to 'plan' a crime. Planning is only one step removed from thinking about it. One might think about it, but never do it. Now you are guilty before you do the crime. Thought police?

Canada sounds nice!

Si

The problem i felt in the Uk was that if you were mr law abiding , pay your taxes , claim nothing (of the goverment) and got on with your life. The you are the one the goverment goes after and the courts tear to bits when you get a speeding fine. The low lifes who do claim everything and never pay taxes are the ones who get away with it , as the goverment/police can't be arsed to chase them , where as you and me carp ourselfs and pay up staight away

I think the UK is about ten years behind on holland and germany in terms of penalizing a 4x4, paperwork hassle, criminalisation, Drugs. What happens now I have seen all before really.

Its probably the reason why I am here and not there. East europeen countrys are poor and corrupt in many cases (my experience). Australia and NZ maybe not so bad but I have a feeling the whole world is going in the same direction eventually. Different countrys just have a different pace.

My 2p anyway.

Daan

I thought we were going carbon neutral....

Not an issue with Higeher VEDS as i drive a diesel golf and a tax exempt LR

But they are / Have put up the price of beer again.. Must be as we are going smoke free need the billions from elsewhere

Matt