EGR valve

bluboy

Hi to you all again.

Whilst nosing around under the bonnet of my Disco I noticed that the EGR valve wiring plug is missing and the thin vacuum hose disappears away towards the air filter and the front of the car. Is this some sort of modification?. I ask because it looks nothing like the diagram in the Haynes manual. Should I be concerned or has the previous owner done it for a reason.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

post-3184-1175375837_thumb.jpg

I would guess it's a vacuum operated egr valve instead just without the position switch built in. I would guess its just a variant by land rover but im sure someone will know why its different

bluboy,

My 300 TDi had the same EGR system, mine has an EDC engine, if you follow the thin vaccum pipe all the way to it's end there is a solenoid valve on the inner wing. I believe this is controlled by the EDC systems ECU rather than a seperate one used on the non EDC engines.

when I removed my EGR i just un-plugged the solenoid connection and tied it back into the loom and then removed it and all the pipework along with the valve.

It is well worth removing it if it is not working as it will be choking the engine inlet tract up with nasty black 'marmite'.

HTH

Pete

bluboy,

My 300 TDi had the same EGR system, mine has an EDC engine, if you follow the thin vaccum pipe all the way to it's end there is a solenoid valve on the inner wing. I believe this is controlled by the EDC systems ECU rather than a seperate one used on the non EDC engines.

when I removed my EGR i just un-plugged the solenoid connection and tied it back into the loom and then removed it and all the pipework along with the valve.

It is well worth removing it if it is not working as it will be choking the engine inlet tract up with nasty black 'marmite'.

HTH

Pete

can you just unplug the solenoid to prevent it working or do you have to blank it off to make sure?

Thanks for all of the replies, I have been away from the computer for a couple of days. Dont want you all thinking I'm a rude git ignoring the advice.

I've fitted one of those EGR blanking plates. Not noticed any differance so far but I'm sure it will help the engine breathe in fresher air.