ALRC National 2007

This year the National is being hosted by The Lancashire and Cheshire Land Rover Owners Club. The event will take place at Baden Hall, Eccleshall, Staffordshire from the 24th to the 29th May 2007, and is open to all members of an ALRC club.

Have a look at the dedicated website at www.alrc2007.co.uk for more details and an entry form.

Didn't L&C organise a regional event at llangollen at easter 2005 and cancel it just before without telling anoyone, i remember because like a muppit turned up with all kids/wife/camping gear only to find no organisers there or any notices.

Still few others turned up and we all went on a "mad" greenlaning trip in wales for the whole bank hols, and was still doing them until quite recently with many of the landies we meet. Never went trailing again but certainly will thank who ever cancelled it for out "change" of direction. Saved us a cool bob in camping fees, trail fees as since all the campsites were full discovered "wild camping" with the others.

Didn't L&C organise a regional event at llangollen at easter 2005 and cancel it just before without telling anoyone, i remember because like a muppit turned up with all kids/wife/camping gear only to find no organisers there or any notices.

I remember the event being cancelled , but not so sure about not telling anyone? I work away a lot, and wasn't home for the event anyway. Since I update their site, and it gets a bit haphazzard when I am away.

I'll apologise / take the credit anyway!

I remember the event being cancelled , but not so sure about not telling anyone? I work away a lot, and wasn't home for the event anyway. Since I update their site, and it gets a bit haphazzard when I am away.

I'll apologise / take the credit anyway!

Well i checked the website the night before and all looked ok, on the day a few others turned up and there was a group in the cafe trying various phone numbers, Did not complain at the time cause we had such a great time over the easter, and meet the same lot again for may bank & whit. Accept your apology now did us a favour, but just for interest why was it cancelled and what efforts made to contact other ARC clubs something went wrong somewhere.

Think I meet your club on some welsh lanes recently, about 6 weeks ago at the bottom of the baddy

Not sure.

As I said, when I am away, the site updates are pretty haphazard, as I don't have direct access and have to rely on other people.

It was cancelled due to a planning issue with the local council. Some lesser spotted newt resides there or something, so even though it is a working quarry we couldn't play. The word did go out to tother clubs afaik, but if you didn't hear, then we didn't do it properly.

Our club does not have a green lane "presence" as it were. I whouldn't mind going on a few, as my eldest is mad keen to "do some offroading". It isn't something I have looked into much either to be honest, as I don't want to be the one being in the wrong place at the wrong time and upsetting the locals! I can read a map though! Are you a member of a club?

Thank you for explaining it, several of the group were members of other ARC clubs but where not told it was cancelled there was a club meeting just before, the commitee knew but not the members, another example of the commitee treating the members like mushrooms.

Another example of the very rare "natterjack" toads so rare they only appear when planing issues are discuessed, if its DCC then more to do with the "antis" at the top, and I mean the very top, know them quite well and keep a low profile about my hobby.

As for greenlaning go out most weekends theres still a lot left and we have a very small but disturbing number of landowners/farmers who confront us while on legal row, its not only us as a few have "a go" at anyone even on tarmaced UCR's popular with walkers and cyclists who use there cars travel into the countryside, there a few threads on other forums.

As where to go there is free websites or other forums, who to go with (don't recommend alone unless good rescue plan) try other forums picking up threads, theres a ARC club close to you who did a lot of laning at bank hols.

have done trails including with yourselfs, but find cannot do both there is just not enough weekends in the year, could come with us as welcome anyone with trails background but at present have a long list of those who wish to come. Theres a "hard core" of us and trying to keep convoy numbers down is a problem. Might send you a pml if anything came up

Thers one or two commecial groups the only one I would recommend is simply4x4 for £30 a day and considering one ARC club charges £30 a trial petty good value.

Cheers for that.

We haven't given up on using the Horseshoe pass, as we believe there are one or two avenues still open to us, but obviously I cannot discuss them on an open forum.

Seem to have strayed a bit O/T about the national! Will PM you with other info

Im going with a couple of mates, weve been attending since the D&C event Jubilee year.

On a slightly annoyed note, do the organising clubs want to make a loss? A friends son and a few of his mates wanted to book a pitch, but arent members of any club, they are interested in seeing what goes on, with a view to joining a club and getting a LR. As they arent club members they cant book a pitch, so its in my name with another club Im a member of (it gets them away from us!!!!)

The ALRC needs to sort itself out

the only one I would recommend is simply4x4 for £30 a day and considering one ARC club charges £30 a trial petty good value.

I would not, I have met Keith (who runs Simply 4x4 a number of times) and I have meet him out with large groups, up to 17 4x4s.

If you every want to go laneing in mid-north wales just give me a shout and I will lead you for FREE.

Paul

I would not, I have met Keith (who runs Simply 4x4 a number of times) and I have meet him out with large groups, up to 17 4x4s.

If you every want to go laneing in mid-north wales just give me a shout and I will lead you for FREE.

Paul

Well having been out with keith a few times and meet him on many i've never seen anything as long as 6

he does let others lead when he's booked up, hence spliting the groups which take different routes

One ALRC club I counted 15 all together, assoocaited to glass and supporters of crag yet go on the website and they claim they follow the guidelines

Its not easy for new comers to the hobby to find people willing to take them out for free, when and where they want to go, just suggested keith cause i think, without all the hassle of organising. reseach into row's etc £30 not bad value, plus he knows his stuff and newbie capablies.

one club charges £10 anyhow

Anyhow when going out next i'll tag along

Well having been out with keith a few times and meet him on many i've never seen anything as long as 6

One ALRC club I counted 15 all together, assoocaited to glass and supporters of crag yet go on the website and they claim they follow the guidelines

Anyhow when going out next i'll tag along

Dunno who Keith is, as for any club that supports CRAG, CRAG cannot be responsible for how anyone runs their days out unless CRAG are actively involved. There is no way of monitoring.

If you are ever over Shropshire way, we go out most friday nights during the summer. If you go onto CRAGS website just put your name down, your welcome to come along. Normally finish in time for a pint.

www.crag-uk.org

keith runs simply 4x4 a commercial group which goes greenlaning in wales and the peaks

Simply4x4 often get criticism by the some of the 4x4 commuity for leading large convoys of up to 20 plus along greenlanes which breaks the glass guidelines

Some club commitee members often at club nights "put off" members from going on his events stating he breaks glass guidelines, then themselves organise greenlane trips which often have over 4 or 5 vechicles in a convoy, they state on websites they stay within guidelines.

Whenever I come accross him i often find only a few with him, try leading that many on some of the smaller lanes, B***** nightmare.

The GLASS guidelines are for 4 vehicles in a group, this was reduced from 6. So any club with four or five is fitting in with the old guidelines and possibly the new ones too :rolleyes:

What i said was over 4 or 5, sometimes its between 6-15. When it was 6 it was easier, i would not do a few lanes with less than six, if you have the odd disabled driver etc you need the manpower if vechicles get stuck.

Four is ok for simple easy lanes in good weather, its only a guideline, people are quick to critise commerical groups yet there own clubs often travel in long convoys.

its the same with play day sites odd injury and its headline news, yet same day couple of deaths at "organised" events and rarely reported

Anyhow going off the thread how much to go?, who has the booking form ?, and do you need to be a member of what organisation ? what docs do i need to bring? (v5, insurance, mot, driv lic, kids birth cert, membership cards etc etc) what landies are banned ? (mine is a soft top), what engine needs to be in ?, do i need to show serial number ? etc etc

Cheers for that.

We haven't given up on using the Horseshoe pass, as we believe there are one or two avenues still open to us, but obviously I cannot discuss them on an open forum.

Seem to have strayed a bit O/T about the national! Will PM you with other info

Sorry missed this thread, just after easter 2005 went into the quarry on a organised play day perhaps we did not need planning permission

still not had you pm, oh member of half a dozon clubs but will cut down to one or two by the end of the year, been told cannot be member of two ALRC clubs at the same time something to do with completin in trails. Got a choice national or ALRC club greenlane weekend in south wales, strict 4 trucks only !

Hi Welshlaner

The booking form can be found at http://www.rovertorque.com/alrc2007/Entry_Form.doc

Or <Ahem>follow the link at the top of the thread, and go to the National web site http://www.alrc2007.co.uk

For RTV you need a standard Land Rover product, or one with another Land Rover engine. ( keeping things simple here) Additional return spring on the throttle or pump lever. Recovery point front and rear. Towing ring and tow bar will do.

MOT form, tax disc, don't think you need the V5, membership of ALRC club, and bring the card. Soft tops must have the hood sticks, and they should have the brackets that secure them to the body. For the trial the sides must be rolled down, but you can roll the back up.

Battery should be secure, in its original position, and if in the passenger compartment, should be covered. If it is under the seat I think that is ok, but do you really want to risk battery acid on you? Think I used half a plastic oil can.

Most important thing is to bring your sense of humour, and beer tokens!

Hi Welshlaner

Soft tops must have the hood sticks, and they should have the brackets that secure them to the body. For the trial the sides must be rolled down, but you can roll the back up.

Most important thing is to bring your sense of humour, and beer tokens!

well thanks for getting back to us have done quite a bit of trails years ago and a couple of times with yourselves, but one of the reason for "giving up" was the soft top question, I was led to believe that a roll bar (quite rightly so) was required then told at RTV only hard tops would do

Now i understand the risks involved, but I am on my own and prepared to take them, its my choice might even wear a crash helmet, is the green book still online to study as a bit rustly as regards the current rules

Did you have a site at Bodfari

Hmmm

Let me double check on that for you my old lightweight had a cage in it, and the 101 I trialled for a bit had the hoop behind the cab, but I think I am right about the soft top. I will double check to be sure.

We did have a site at Bodfari but lost the use of that some years ago.

HAve you got the PM yet? Still getting the hang of this forum

Are you guys having trouble with PMs? Reading this thread it seems to have become a conversation between the two of you which would be much better on PM than on a public forum. Would you mind? ;)

Thanks

Chris

sorry, and yes having problems with pm's not the first time either another forum i was on (don't bother with it now) the moderator was blocking them so he could read them first. Not saying this one, could be me baddy computer skills