Fuel Consumption check

toger

Hi all,

I have been monitoring my fuel consumption on my 2001 Td5.

I find that in return for a full tank of diesel I am getting a return of 400 miles.

A friend of mine who lives in spain, has the same vehicle albeit a 2003 model. He is getting 500 miles to the tank.

Can anyone give me an idea if mine is doing well or badly please as I feel sure that my D1 did a lot more than 400 to the tank.

regards

T

Hi all,

I have been monitoring my fuel consumption on my 2001 Td5.

I find that in return for a full tank of diesel I am getting a return of 400 miles.

A friend of mine who lives in spain, has the same vehicle albeit a 2003 model. He is getting 500 miles to the tank.

Can anyone give me an idea if mine is doing well or badly please as I feel sure that my D1 did a lot more than 400 to the tank.

regards

T

We have a 2003 Td5 manual and get around 500 to the tank, slightly less if its all short distance work. This usually equates to around 27ish to the gallon. In comparison, our 2001 Defender Td5 averages about 28-29 mpg.

My 2002 manual uses a full tank every 480 miles, but most of that is relatively short trips of 12-15 miles at a time. I did manage to get 540 something last week, though as I did several longer excursions and drove it like a granddad!

My average for the last 3 months has been 26.6 mpg, so not as bad as the RR, but not great either!

My 2002 manual uses a full tank every 480 miles, but most of that is relatively short trips of 12-15 miles at a time. I did manage to get 540 something last week, though as I did several longer excursions and drove it like a granddad!

My average for the last 3 months has been 26.6 mpg, so not as bad as the RR, but not great either!

our 2001 disco td5 will do 550- 600 miles on a tank

With our caravan in tow (using cruise controle) we have had up to 32

Around town anything from 20 to 25

can get 670 out of a tank before the light comes on ( no caravan and mixed roads)

standard td5 with no engine modes. just well looked after

Darryl

ps dont ask about my 2.3 90 :blink: i think in its former life its like to drink..lol

our 2001 disco td5 will do 550- 600 miles on a tank

With our caravan in tow (using cruise controle) we have had up to 32

Around town anything from 20 to 25

can get 670 out of a tank before the light comes on ( no caravan and mixed roads)

standard td5 with no engine modes. just well looked after

Darryl

ps dont ask about my 2.3 90 :blink: i think in its former life its like to drink..lol

So why is there so much difference do you think between your consumption amd mine?

So why is there so much difference do you think between your consumption amd mine?

I drive our disco at 70 on the clock and no more.

With caravan we do 60

All filers are changed every 6 months (service kit i get for 21 notes all in).

winns fuel cleaner.

other than that nothing

Daz

Have you had it checked for over fueling?

I drive our disco at 70 on the clock and no more.

With caravan we do 60

All filers are changed every 6 months (service kit i get for 21 notes all in).

winns fuel cleaner.

other than that nothing

Daz

Have you had it checked for over fueling?

I wish I was that sensible

I drive 70 miles each way to work 85% is on the M3 all over 70 and the 15% is fending off merc's and BMW's in the outside lane on the M25 and M4 into London so the revs are all over the place.

Mine gets a full service every three months and all the fluids filters changed and the auto box filter in the most important I have found in keeping the cars performance tip top.

NB you may need to replace "over 70" with "flat out"

I was just going to start a thread about what I considered to be excessive fuel consumption on my '96 300 ES Tdi auto.

22 mpg seems to be the average for me. Mainly stop start all day long around town though.

No tell tale signs of black smoke overfuelling though.

Guess it's not too bad after all now, after reading this lot. Still horendous though.

Thank goodness for Makro. ;)