A moment of weakness

Top90

Did something daft today. (I'm sure many of us Land Rover types can relate to this)

Bought (cheap) an A reg 90, registered 1st July 1984. Original County station wagon, I checked the chassis numbers.

Now, assuming (from my last thread) this is an early one probably built in June how would I find when it rolled off the production line and what number it is from the first?

Did they restart the vehicle identity numbers on the chassis number or just carry on from the series 3?

BTW, I know it's not a classic... :) I'm just interested.

Thanks,

Rich

a new system of chassis numbers of 17 characters starting with SALL then code letters that make up the vehicle specification then a 6 digit serial number, the 1st 90 was June 1984 chassis number 213333, in May '86 90/110 joined the sequence used on RR & Discovery starting at 261902, from that date & the current system conforms to a standard pattern used by all car manufactures worldwide.

i have a similar query about my 110. its registred May 1983 so is quite early. i have had no luck with gaydon as they only seem to have the records for series and range rover.

Whre dose the chassie number info for each year come from?

also what chassie number is the first 110?

Cheers

Edd

the 1st 90 was June 1984 chassis number 213333,

Thanks Ralph.

This one is number 1,700 odd then since 90s were introduced, including 110s.

I used the SALL code to confirm it was originally a station wagon as it has the lashing down points down the sides of the tub.

Rich

PM me the full chassis number & I'll stick it in EPC for a decode :D

within the chassis number sequence the last 2 letters before the 6 digit serial number identify the model year [MY]

example on my October 1989 registered 110 --- SALLDHMB7FA****** the F = 1990MY which ran from Sept '89 to Sept '90

1st 110 chassis number was 184732 March 1983

I saw a very early 'Y' suffix reg 110 hi-cap today, looked in good condition for it's age & I reckon the old boy driving had owned it from new, it was red with white cab top/door tops -- EHP ***Y don't se many Y reg 110's around.

that makes it around the 2600 mark.

ive alway swondered as when i rebuilt it the rear eybrows have december 1982 written in permanent marker on the underside. the engine number (it was a 2.1/4 diesle) before i converted it is 10j000**B which has always intrigued me!

i only know of a few other y reg 110s but they are station wagons and a hicap not hard-top like mine.

Cheers for the info

Edd

I saw a very early 'Y' suffix reg 110 hi-cap today, looked in good condition for it's age & I reckon the old boy driving had owned it from new, it was red with white cab top/door tops -- EHP ***Y don't se many Y reg 110's around.

Theres one here, also originally a HCPU :)