NAS Soft Top parts

JimC

Hey Everyone -

Mods - please dont move this to classifieds! I'm not trying to sell something right now!

I'm new to this forum, but not to the LR community. I run an AA Yellow NAS truck converted to 300tdi, and another NAS soft top which still runs on its original V8.

I'm going to be living in Russia from July 07 to July 08, and figure on making at least one trip over to the UK.

I have a question for the Brits or European guys here - do you think I could get a good price or good trade for the NAS cage and misc NAS parts from one of my D90's over there? I know you had the Defender SV in the UK, but even the German market "cabrio" didnt look like it had the Safety Devices cage, so I get the idea that the NAS cage is very rare over there.

I'm planning on converting one of the 90's to 110 SW configuration, so the cage parts would be excess to my needs.

Your input is appreciated, and I look forward to hanging out here!

The only UK NAS owner I know is contemplating selling his NAS90 - in the USA as prices are much better there. IMHO you would be better off selling in the USA (I take it you live there?) and buying a 110 in Europe/UK - although unless you get a very early one you will not be able to import it into the USA.

Chris

Hey Everyone -

Mods - please dont move this to classifieds! I'm not trying to sell something right now!

I'm new to this forum, but not to the LR community. I run an AA Yellow NAS truck converted to 300tdi, and another NAS soft top which still runs on its original V8.

I'm going to be living in Russia from July 07 to July 08, and figure on making at least one trip over to the UK.

I have a question for the Brits or European guys here - do you think I could get a good price or good trade for the NAS cage and misc NAS parts from one of my D90's over there? I know you had the Defender SV in the UK, but even the German market "cabrio" didnt look like it had the Safety Devices cage, so I get the idea that the NAS cage is very rare over there.

I'm planning on converting one of the 90's to 110 SW configuration, so the cage parts would be excess to my needs.

Your input is appreciated, and I look forward to hanging out here!

Hey Jim;

Building a 110....Are you missing "Janey"??

Good Luck overseas...(guess that means no more trips to Bainbridge for a while, huh?)

Garth

(Seattle)

The only UK NAS owner I know is contemplating selling his NAS90 - in the USA as prices are much better there. IMHO you would be better off selling in the USA (I take it you live there?) and buying a 110 in Europe/UK - although unless you get a very early one you will not be able to import it into the USA.

Chris

I was only contemplating selling because we were discussing the 25 year rule and early 1983 Defenders from the UK exportable to the States and therefore my vehicle will become less valuable since it has the correct vin plate to go across the pond at any time. However, at $2=£1 it's not so good! Are Safety Devices dead and burried or have they been restructured? If they no longer make the nas cage then put a very large reserve on the ebay sale.