fiberglass rear hard top for a 90 ?

Raw

Thinking of making or having made a fiberglass replacement top to replace my hard top to save weight and make it better to remove. Does anyone have a mold or make something similar, like on the bowlers / tomcats?

post-2957-1178614100_thumb.jpg

Thinking of making or having made a fiberglass replacement top to replace my hard top to save weight and make it better to remove. Does anyone have a mold or make something similar, like on the bowlers / tomcats?

Have a word will Julian at JR Fabrication - there work is spot on, and sure they could sort something out!!

At one point, I'm sure David at Llama 4x4 was also offereing similar too...

Ian

• 4 weeks later...

Totally depends on your glassing skills and the finish you want. If you want a professional finish get the professionals to do it but making a one off involves a lot of work and the price will be high. Firstly you have to make a plug (prototype), then fabricate a mould from it, which is labour intensive, then laminate the finished product from the mould to the spec desired. I do a lot of fiberglass and carbon work, I build boats for a living, but sometimes I get asked to do a one off bike fairing or custom body work and when the customer sees the ammount of work and cost involved, they lose interest very quickly. If you want to keep the costs down see if you can get one off the shelf and butcher it to fit.

Good luck with it.