Box spanner for torque'ing up

Tiger

Made this so I could get the correct torque.

1. Take a standard box spanner

2. Get a plummers spanner, hit it very hard until it goes through the holes

3. Find an old socket

4. Find an old bit of steel

5. Weld aboout 6 rods into a big pool of metal and slag

6. Worry it may break so - Weld some more

7. Sit back and admire the most beautiful welding ever.

IMAGE_050.jpg

If anybody needs any advice on how to weld like this and not have any of those namby pamby perfect seams let me know and I'll do a full scale tech note.

If anybody needs any advice on how to weld like this and not have any of those namby pamby perfect seams let me know and I'll do a full scale tech note.

ATTENTION Mr WARNE :

...................................You may have just been made redundant .................... :o

Whilst the quality of your welding has never been in question <Cough> ..............

................................you have never offerred us a Tech guide :hysterical:

Nige

Worked a treat, not even a slightest sign of stress in slag work.

You will be able to buy these but not from me as I'm the manufacturer and I've just signed an exclusive supply agreement I can't say much but Scrapiron have expressed an interest in the prototype and once the i's are dotted and the t's crossed you'll be able to purchase the product soon. To be called 'Box Clever' and it will retail at £349.00 this is a reasonable mark up and covers the cost of production.

£5 Spanner

£5 Plummers Spanner

£0.10 Steel

£20 Arc welding Rods (yes is waas that many :-) )

ok lads

we have all done a quick fab job to get us out of the s**t and if it works just the once then its been worth it, it it works twice then the jobs a good one.

Tiger

Well done, you tried and it worked and you have the right to be happy. I must wonder how many tools the rest of us must have made to do the odd job or bodge, i hold my hand up.

Darryl